Here is a little more information about euromillions online.
On 7 February 2004, EuroMillions was launched by France’s Francaise des Jeux, Spain’s Loterias y Apuestas Del Estado and the United Kingdom’s Camelot. EuroMillions is a transnational lottery.
On Friday 13 February 2004 the first draw was held in Paris. For the draw on 8 October, initially only the UK, France and Spain participated, with the Austrian, Belgain, Irish, Luxembourg, Portuguese and Swiss lotteries joining.
So how much does a EuroMillions ticket cost?
It depends on your local currency, but it is usually €2.00, £2.00 or CHF3.00 per line played. Currently in Ireland and Portugal only, they have an option called Plus, which costs €1.00 more per line played. Due to the combination of EUR/GBP exchange rate and an automatic entry in its Millionaire Raffle, the cost of EuroMillions tickets increased on 7 November 2009 in the UK from £1.50 to £2.00 per line. The prices quoted are for buying directly from a retailer.
When is the EuroMillions draw?
Every Tuesday and Friday Night in Paris at 21:45 CET. Except in Switzerland, all the prizes including the Jackpot are tax-fee, and is paid as a lump sum.
So let’s get down to the point of how to play euromillions, you simply choose your numbers – select 5 numbers from 1-50 and 2 Lucky Star numbers from 1-12 or for a random selection pick Lucky Dip, choose your draws and weeks you’d like to play – you can play up to 4 weeks in advance. And you are ready to play! Once you have bought your ticket, you can save your lucky numbers and play with them as often as you like. You can also buy multiple tickets, up to ten play slips at a time, and play up to seven lines of numbers on each one. They have made it as easy as possible for us to play by letting you replay your last numbers and you can now play your EuroMillions Numbers by Direct Debit.
If there’s more than one jackpot winner, the prize will be shared between all the jackpot winners.
Frequently asked questions about EuroMillions in South Africa:
- When do EuroMillions draw take place? – EuroMillion draws are held twice a week in Paris on Tuesdays and Friday nights at 21:30 CET. You can check your euro lotto results online at any time.
- What time do the ticket sales close? – Through retailers it closes at approximately 20:30 CET.
- How do I play EuroMillions?- You can play Euromillions online if you live overseas or you can play with real tickets at a local retailer. Be sure to keep your ticket safe and sign the back of it when you buy at a retailer.
- Does EuroMillions have a guaranteed minimum jackpot amount? – Yes. The guaranteed minimum is €17 Million.
- If I win, how long do I have to claim a prize? – Your ticket is valid for 180 days, if you don’t claim your winnings within this period your ticket will expire. If you play online, your winnings will be deposited into your account automatically.
EuroMillions is the game with the kind of jackpots that will make you fabulously wealthy. Play for the chance to live the kind of lifestyle usually reserved for the rich and famous.